Friday, September 13, 2013

Back in Ojo

Hello there,

After over a week of being back in Chinandega and getting resettled in, I finally made it out to Ojo for the ministry today. For now, I'm afraid I have to cycle out there once again. Of course, I picked the day where we meet at the outmost service group to go out. I forgot how long that bike ride is! At one point, a dog started chasing me and wanted to bite me. As I was trying to maneuver away from him, I slid and fell forward, landing on my wrist! It's still fairly sore, but hopefully it's nothing serious. On the bright side, there was a nice cool breeze out in Ojo today! Here are a few pictures from the day's activity.

Vilma and Yorleni making their way to the next house.

I was concerned that my Spanish was still rusty, but I ended up placing a brochure and picking up a good call! We preached in one of our territories that doesn't get covered very often, so studies are ripe for the picking.

I love the rainy season here. Not only is it noticeably cooler, but everything is so green right now!

We soon found a little broken bridge, which Maddie and Stephan just couldn't resist...
What they say about Central America is true: it's highly dangerous!

The Frenchman and the English girl.

Maddie has been studying with a sister in our hall who was reinstated about a year ago. She had a very encouraging study with her today - this sister has been doing so well ever since she was reinstated. She comments at all the meetings, is conducting a study of her own, and - get this - cannot wait for this week's in-depth Watchtower Study! She's so excited about all the new information and said she's looking forward to discussing it. Very refreshing to hear!

You know you're back in the third world when your shoes get ruined after just one morning of preaching.

Although it is exhausting, it feels good to be preaching again in Ojo. Always productive, and always a fun time!

Take care everyone,


Sam






1 comment:

  1. New shoes will be there soon!! Glad to see you are doing well. We think of you often!!Love you!

    ReplyDelete