Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Sights of Ojo

Hi all,

The last week that I spent with my family visiting from Maine was pretty eventful. I'm gonna try to be quick and concise because I have a lot of pictures to share! After we returned from Matagalpa, we were able to spend two more days preaching out in Ojo, and it was great. We were able to see some of the more scenic parts of our territory. I'm gonna miss having them out there! Here are some photos from Thursday...
Travis & Nicole.

Ben & Bree.

Left to right: Yorleni, Paola, Nicole, and Bree.

On Fridays, we meet at the Cardoza family's house. This is their seven-year-old daughter, Juanita, washing and preparing some freshly-caught fish for lunch.
She's a hard little worker!

Nicole waiting for the group to start while one of Juanita's friends helps prepare the fish in the background.

The gang also got to see one of my favorite spots in our territory, a bridge over a river in Las Champas...
I love this picture.

Friday was really encouraging because the majority of the young ones in our hall came out to preach. School let out recently, so it was really nice to see so many of them using their day off for the ministry. 
Left to right: Mauricio (he was visiting us from another hall that day), Paola, Kelvin, and Ervin, Yorleni's brother. They are all 18, 15, 14, and 17, respectively. Can you tell that they love being photographed?

We also spent some days witnessing with my friends Makeda & Andre (from Canada) in their congregation, La Florida, one of the city congregations. They've been here for about two years. Always fun to be around!
Bree & Nicole with Makeda in the middle.

Andre preaching with Travis.

Speaking to a man on the street.

All of us doing some early-morning witnessing.

Sunday was another memorable meeting. I had the magazine talk, and Bree & Nicole got to do the demonstrations! 
They both did a fantastic job, and I'm not just saying that!

I also surprised the guys by giving my first public talk in Spanish! It certainly wasn't easy, but with Jehovah's help, it went very well. I was so glad the visitors got to be here for it!

After the meeting, we went with Makeda, Andre, Jefte, and Eduardo to end the day with a trip to the beach. A beautiful spot indeed!
This place also has an infinity pool. So awesome!

We ended the trip by spending a day and night in Granada. We took Travis & Nicole ziplining, which again, was a blast!

It was sad to see everyone go, but I'm so glad that they came down. Their visit was a huge boost of encouragement to me. I'm gonna miss having them all in my house - we all have so much fun together. But they came down just for the right amount of time to get a true Nica experience, filled with fun sights and a productive ministry. I really hope that they all come back. Maybe they'll stay longer next time? We'll see!


Hope you all are well. If any of you are serious about wanting to come visit, please contact me!

Talk soon.


Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment